- Florida Bond Loan – Receive up to $10,000 in down payment assistance. No restrictions on location. – All of Port St. Lucie, and surrounding area will qualify.
- FHA Loan – Most Common, Requires 3.5% down – on $100,000 Purchase, your down-payment is $3,500 plus closing costs.
- FHA 203k – Special loan for homes that need renovation. Requires 3.5% down but lets you finance any repair costs.
- USDA Loan – up to 100% financing, only for approved areas in Port St Lucie, Jensen Beach, and Stuart, Florida.
- Conventional – This loan requires 5 – 20% down but results in a lower monthly payment and usually better interest rate.
Requirements to Qualify for a Mortgage
Banks have different requirements based on the type of loan you are applying for. Here are the basic requirements:
- Positive credit history in the past 12 months
- No collections or late payments in the last 12 months
- Stable income for the past 12 months (24 months if self-employed)
- On-time rental history for past 12 months
- Must be able to prove income (tax returns) and employment (paystubs)
Remember, every bank and situation is different. If you have questions that are specific to your situation, call me, email me, or simply text me a question from your cell phone.
The Buying Process from Start to Finish
Buying a home in Port St Lucie, Jensen Beach and Stuart can be a long and difficult task if you are not prepared. Here is a basic step by step list of the process. Remember, this is just a rough guide through the process, everyone’s situation is different.
Step 1: Apply for Mortgage
- Gather documents(pay stubs, past 2 tax returns) and fill out mortgage application
- Once qualified, the lender will send you a pre-qualification letter (start step 2)
- Submit all additional required documents to the lender
- Meet with lender and sign all loan documents
- DO NOT make any major purchases or open any new lines of credit
- We find you a house that you love and that fits your budget (see pre-qualification letter)
- Once found, we write contract and a deposit is given to secure house
- Notify lender of property and lender will order appraisal
- Title company verifies house is ok to sell and sets closing date
- All final documents to purchase the house will be signed at closing
- Your first mortgage payment will be due 1 – 2 months after closing
Need help or more information about how to qualify or get started? Fill out the contact form on this page or call Chad directly at 561-385-6975.